World Topo Map is the world’s most detailed, accurate and up-to-date topographic map. It is the perfect tool for planning your next hike, bike ride, backpacking trip or outdoor adventure. The map includes all of the world’s major mountain ranges, rivers, lakes and cities, making it the perfect planning tool for your next trip.
The technical specifications of the World Topo Map for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
World Topo Map ANDROID App Summary
World Topo Map was developed by Mason Blackwood and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download World Topo Map from Google Play Store under the Maps & Navigation category. The latest version of World Topo Map is 5.0.3 on Play store with total users of 96610. The World Topo Map app has a user rating of 4.1 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the World Topo Map is Thursday, September 22, 2022. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the World Topo Map on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install World Topo Map For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Getting the World Topo Map installed on your PC can be super easy if you use the NOX player. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators for both PC and Mac. Just use the steps below to download the World Topo Map and use it on your PC:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player emulator. Go ahead and do that. You’ll find the installation file in your download folder
- Now, install it on your computer by double clicking the installer. It will take a few minutes if you have a fast computer.
- Once installed, you’re ready to get the World Topo Map on your PC. Just locate the Play store app in the NOX homepage and log into your Google account.
- Search for the World Topo Map in the search bar of Play store and install it from there. You’ll get a quick launching icon on the NOX homepage after that.
- Click the icon at any time, and you’ll be able to use the World Topo Map on your computer every time you open NOX player.
|App Name:||World Topo Map On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Mason Blackwood|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Maps & Navigation|
|Updated on:||Thursday, September 22, 2022|
|Get it On:|
World Topo Map App Overview and Details
Topographic map of the world with no limitations:
• View and cache topographic tiles and satellite imagery
• Download all topographic tiles in a visible region (for offline availability)
• Add unlimited map markers
• Import GPX / KML / FIT waypoints, tracks and routes
• Record routes (export and share)
• View track / route elevation profile (with interactive graph)
• Measure distance (in a straight line) between multiple points and markers
• Search for places of interest (supports decimal coordinates)
• Battery conscious (for those that can’t recharge every day)
• Space conscious (for those that don’t have gigabytes to spare; external SD card support)
• Stay up-to-date with the latest imagery (delete / refresh the tile cache, no dependency on application updates)
• Navigate with Google Maps interactions (pinch zoom, scroll, rotate, drop marker, drag marker etc)
• Fully functional for free!
World Topo Map is intended for outdoor enthusiasts who want to mark locations visited, create markers to visit, follow imported tracks or create their own. It’s designed to be lightweight, intuitive, responsive, battery conscious and totally free. Perfect for casual day trips to serious bush excursions.
Developed by an adventurous person for adventurous people!
Topographic Map Tiles
OpenTopoMap is a free, topographic map generated from the data in the OpenStreetMap and SRTM elevation data.
This service provides excellent topographic coverage of most of the globe, however there may be areas and zoom levels with no topographic information.
OpenTopoMaps is licensed under
Kartendaten: © OpenStreetMap-Mitwirkende, SRTM | Kartendarstellung: © OpenTopoMap (CC-BY-SA)
World Topo Map uses Google Analytics to anonymously send application metrics to measure stability of the app. No personal information is sent, used or disclosed.
You can opt out of Google Analytics anytime under the Settings menu.
Features of World Topo Map for PC
1. Topographic map of the world with no limitations
2. View topographic tiles and satellite
3. Cache topographic tiles and satellite
4. No need for an internet connection
5. Save maps for later use
6. Share maps with others
7. Print maps
8. Customize maps
9. Measure distance and area
10. Search for places
Whats New In this World Topo Map?
• Long press control to prevent accidental marker drops (feature request)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
More feature requests coming soon!
World Topo Map is a great application for anyone who wants to view topographical maps of anywhere in the world. It is user-friendly and offers a variety of features, making it a great tool for anyone interested in exploring the world around them.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the World Topo Map on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
Recent World Topo Map Reviews
Very useful and complete topo map. Map is very detailed. App is packed with useful features, don’t skip the tutorial otherwise might be hard to learn them.
Great app, I’ve used it for the last 4 years (after getting lost during a hike 🙂 ), perfect to load a track, follow it, very accurate and details map, good GPS integration => It became my reference app for any hike. Just wish we could plot ahead – I’m currently using another app and then import the track. But what can I say. It works very well as is. Thanks!
Amazing! Snapshoting is so intuitive, I love the Google maps points of interest and great base map!
Great app, clear and responsive display of height information at all scales. About the right level of controls for display etc
This is a VERY USEFUL app and does exactly what it promises! I use it firstly to compare the elevation of various localities where rare dragonflies are found in our country (in order to identify areas with similar topography and possibly locate same species). The alternative benefit is that I can track my route to specific diodiversity hotspots and share the info with other field operatives.
Helpful, need improvements
Was awesome until they put in ads. Why can’t I just pay for a premium version without ads?
Just started to use. Up to this point it seems like a great app for hiking and other outdoor activities.
Nice app, but please provide correct information! Map of Suriname is WRONG!! Use another Base Map. The western border with Guyana is completely bias and incorrect! Will increase my rathing if corrected.
We refer the ownership of This World Topo Map to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for World Topo Map and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the World Topo Map. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the World Topo Map.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.