Weather routing is the process of using weather information to determine the best route for a vessel to take. The goal is to minimize the time the vessel spends in adverse weather conditions, and to avoid areas of high risk.
Weather routing can be done manually, using weather charts and the vessel’s forecast, or with the help of computer software. Many routing programs take into account the forecast wind, waves, and currents, as well as the vessel’s characteristics, such as speed and fuel consumption.
The decision of which route to take is often a trade-off between time and fuel efficiency. A route that is shorter in distance may take longer to complete if the vessel has to battle against headwinds. Conversely, a longer route that takes the vessel with the flow of the current may be quicker, but use more fuel.
In recent years, the development of more sophisticated weather models and computer programs has made weather routing more accurate and easier to do
This article is all about helping you get to know the Weather – Routing – Navigation for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
- 1 How To Install & Download Weather – Routing – Navigation For PC Windows 10/8/7
- 2 Weather – Routing – Navigation ANDROID App Summary
- 3 Features of Weather – Routing – Navigation for PC
- 4 Weather – Routing – Navigation App Overview and Details
- 5 Whats New In this Weather – Routing – Navigation?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Recent Weather – Routing – Navigation Reviews
Downloading and installing the Weather – Routing – Navigation on PC shouldn’t be a hassle when you have the NOX player installed. Let’s help you get this popular android emulator on your computer and install the Weather – Routing – Navigation using it on your PC, step by step:
- Step 1: You need to download the NOX player on your computer first. So, go ahead and download it.
- Step 2: Now, install the Nox player from your computer, from the downloads list, typically in a specific folder.
- Step 3: The installation will take a few minutes depending on how powerful a computer you’re using.
- Step 4: Launch the NOX player after installing. Now, skip out the pop-ups and find the Play Store app on top.
- Step 5: Enter the Play Store app and search for Weather – Routing – Navigation so that you get this on your first result.
- Step 6: Click on Install and the download process will start right away. After that, you just start using the Weather – Routing – Navigation on your computer.
|App Name:||Weather – Routing – Navigation On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Friday, July 16, 2021|
|Get it On:|
On Google Play store, you can find the Weather – Routing – Navigation in the Weather category. You can download and install Weather – Routing – Navigation on your Android phone from there. SailGrib is the developer of Weather – Routing – Navigation who made this app.
6.5 is the latest version of Weather – Routing – Navigation that you can see on Google Play Store. And this app comes with a total user count of 237760. Plus, you’ll see that Weather – Routing – Navigation has a good user rating of 4.5.
You can install the latest version of Weather – Routing – Navigation, which is Friday, July 16, 2021 on your computer only via an Android emulator. It’s not possible to directly install on PC. You can use the NOX player, BlueStacks, or Memu Emulator to install Weather – Routing – Navigation on your PC.
Our guide in this article will help you download and install it by yourself. Just keep following this article and go through the guide below.
1. Weather forecast
3. Tidal currents
5. Nautical charts
9. Weather radar
10. Satellite images
SailGrib WR is a complete and easy to use navigation app: weather, tides, tidal currents, routing, NMEA, AIS, charts.
If you are a recreational boater, inshore or offshore racer, SailGrib WR covers all your needs:
– Weather and current acquisition before departure (grib files, isobaric maps, satellite images)
– Routing: optimize your navigation according to your wishes. Use one of our 400+ polars or simply build your own.
– Charts: subscribe to GeoGarage raster charts (SHOM, UKHO, NOAA …. ) or use your charts from the Navionics Boating app.
– Offshore weather with Iridium Go! with extreme optimization to minimize transfer size
– AIS with alarms
– Performance tracking with your NMEA data
– Visualize, share and analyze your sailing trips with Navygatio (Beta)
All this for an extremely low cost compared to traditional solutions.
SailGrib WR was voted in April 2021 “Best Multi-Tasking Sailing Application with Multiple Essential Features” by the world’s leading global boat rental platform Zizoo (https://www.zizoo.com/en/m/best-sailing-apps-for-yacht-cruising)
SailGrib WR is used by many sailors in competition: Vendée Globe (Armel Tripon), Figaro 3, Mini 650, IRC…
Note: If you play Virtual Regatta Offshore, use SailGrib4VR to do your routing and send your progs directly to VR. It is very efficient!
– The Premium Option subscription is available for a period of 1 month, 12 months (automatically renewable) or purchased with a one-time payment “for life”.
– The Premium subscription gives access to all the features of the app.
– The payment will be debited from the Google Play account upon confirmation of the purchase.
– The subscription renews automatically.
– To cancel your subscription, go to the Google Play Store app or follow this link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
– If you cancel your subscription, the service will remain available until the end of the paid period
Online Help: https://www.sailgrib.com/sailgrib_wr-support/
FB Users group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sailgriben
– Navygatio (Bêta) – logbook entry (text and photos)
– Quick zoom
– Bug fixes and performance enhancements
The Weather – Routing – Navigation application is a great tool for planning your travels. It can help you avoid bad weather and find the best route to your destination. It is a must-have for anyone who loves to travel.
That’s it! That’s how you download Weather – Routing – Navigation on your PC and install it like a pro. If you’re still trying to figure it out, let us know in the comments below:
I love this app but can’t use it past two days as when I click on upgrade it shows premium and circles forever without showing me any option to purchase the upgrade. Edit: it was a problem with the latest updates of GooglePlay. It worked after uninstalling them. Love the app now and great/one of the only places to download 10 days ECMWF grib files.
No crear descripción
There is so much value in this app it deserves 5 stars for that alone. It takes a while to learn how to use it properly, so it was a bit frustrating at times, but once you get your head around the way it works, it becomes very quick and efficient to do the things you do frequently.
Very good. Pitty it only has 2 day weather grib and not 3
Only using for a few weeks now. So far okay. Not always clear about time displayed but getting better. Weather chart is added bonus wasn’t expecting. Sizing can be funky but I think that is my tablet.
Brilliant free app
Love the app, I use it for local club racing and cruising.( having graphics problems with NOAA charts on all my devices )
loading chart areas and zooming in/out took so long i could not rely on this for navigation, only trip planning. The Location button often put me over land, not where i was sailing! When the Location function did work, the refresh was erratic. Navigating with this program would be dangerous.
Super helpful, like it
We refer the ownership of This Weather – Routing – Navigation to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Weather – Routing – Navigation and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Weather – Routing – Navigation. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Weather – Routing – Navigation.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.