Lights are very important for vessels at night. They help other vessels to identify the vessel’s position, size, and heading. There are different types of vessel lights, and they are required to be displayed in certain positions and patterns.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Vessel Lights for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
How To Install & Download Vessel Lights For PC Windows 10/8/7
To install the Vessel Lights on your computer, you need to install the NOX payer first. To do that, as well as install the Vessel Lights, follow the easy guide below from start to finish:
- First, start by downloading the NOX player. It should store in your download folder in your computer.
- Locate the installer, double click on it, and let it install on your PC. It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll have the option to start the emulator. Go ahead and start the emulator. It will set up the environment for the first time.
- Now, open the Play store app (It’s on the top header, or you can search for it) and it will ask you to log in. Log into your Google account.
- Search for the Vessel Lights app on the Play store app and the app will show up in the first position. Click and start installing the app on your computer.
Vessel Lights ANDROID App Summary
Under the Education category on Google Play store, Vessel Lights has over 324921 of downloads reflecting the number of users they have. Maarten Pennings has developed the Vessel Lights and has improved a lot to this day with the latest version, v13rc4.
Until this latest version, Vessel Lights has successfully been able to acquire a good user rating of 4.4. This latest version was last updated on Monday, December 21, 2020 which you can check in the technical specification section below.
The only bummer here is you can not just download and install it on your computer without using an Android emulator. However, you can definitely install it on your computer by using one of the most popular emulators: NOX player, BlueStacks, or Memu Emulator.
These tools will help you install and use the Vessel Lights on your computer without having to use your Phone. To do so, you need to follow the guides we’re about to discuss in this article.
|App Name:||Vessel Lights On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Maarten Pennings|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Monday, December 21, 2020|
|Get it On:|
Features of Vessel Lights for PC
1. This app helps you to learn the vessel lights as prescribed by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (COLREGS).
2. You can use the app to study for your navigation exams, or simply to brush up on your knowledge of vessel lighting.
3. The app contains clear and concise explanations of all the different types of vessel lights, and how they are used.
4. You can test your knowledge with the included quiz feature.
5. The app is regularly updated to ensure that the information is up-to-date and compliant with the latest COLREGS.
6. The app is available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian.
7. The app is developed by experts in maritime navigation, and is endorsed by the US Coast Guard.
8. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
9. The app is free to download and use.
10. The app is regularly updated with new features and content.
Vessel Lights App Overview and Details
This app helps you to learn the vessel lights as prescribed by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (ColReg).
Learning in this app takes three stages. In the first stage “Study”, the vessels can be browsed, and each vessel shows its lights from the side as well as from the top. A unique feature is that the vessel can be rotated by swiping, so that it can be viewed from all angles. In the second stage “Practice”, random vessels are presented from a random angle, and in side view. Make a choice out of four answers. It is possible to cheat in various way: asking for the correct answer, rotating the vessel, going back to other vessels. The final stage is the “Examination”. There is no cheating here. Random vessels from a random angle. Case after case. The timer is running. When the examination is finished, you are rewarded with a report. And, another unique feature, you can review your answers.
The app has some customization features such as choosing the amount of questions in the examination, whether to beep on correct/wrong answers, and the language.
Of course you can share your examination results with your friends.
This app requires no permissions.
If you want to make a translation for your language, please contact the developer (see e-mail address down below).
Whats New In this Vessel Lights?
Added Support for the Portugese language (v13rc3/rev53 – 2020 12 21)
Vessel Lights is a great application for boaters and fishermen. It helps them to stay safe on the water and avoid collisions. The app is easy to use and provides users with all the information they need to stay safe on the water.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Vessel Lights of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
Recent Vessel Lights Reviews
Excellent app. Breaking it into 3 sections is very helpful (study, practice, exam) and makes it less overwhelming. Q: I’d like to know how the test scores are determined I can get 100% in 250 seconds but only get a score of 790/1000.
Fantastic app. Simple but so effective, the ability to move the example lights around in 3d is great and the practice really tests you. Please add bouyage, flags and rules of the road, I’d happily pay to help development.
Good app thanks 😊
⚪⚪⚪⚪★ (puts ⚪⚪⚪⚪★ and says ⚪⚪⚪⚪★ and be right that it’s their but forgets official rating Monday ★⚪⚪⚪⚪)
Great app. Adding a section for day shapes and one for sounds would be amazing.
That is so good to have this app. I recommend it to all people who works at sea.
We refer the ownership of This Vessel Lights to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Vessel Lights and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Vessel Lights. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Vessel Lights.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.