Tor Browser is a free and open-source web browser that enables anonymous communication. The name is derived from an acronym for the original software project name “The Onion Router”.
Tor Browser is a tool designed to protect your privacy online. It lets you use the Internet anonymously and securely, and it is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
When you use Tor Browser, your traffic is routed through a network of servers run by volunteers all around the world. This makes it very difficult for someone to track your online activity.
If you are looking for a way to browse the Internet privately and securely, then Tor Browser is a good option.
The latest Tor Browser for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know about these updates? Here they are:
Tor Browser ANDROID App Summary
The Tor Project has developed the Tor Browser for Android. You can find it under the Communication category on Play Store. Since its inception, Tor Browser has got over 26993665+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.4 rating and the latest version of it is 102.2.1-Release (11.5.6)
The latest update of Tor Browser is Thursday, October 27, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Tor Browser App Overview and Details
Tor Browser for Android is the only official mobile browser supported by the Tor Project, developers of the world’s strongest tool for privacy and freedom online.
Tor Browser will ALWAYS be free, but donations make it possible. The Tor
Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in the US. Please consider making
a contribution today. Every gift makes a difference: https://donate.torproject.org.
Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE
Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
Tor aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
When you use Tor Browser for Android, your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays. Watch this animation to learn more about how it works:
With Tor Browser for Android, you are free to access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
THIS APP IS MADE POSSIBLE BY DONORS LIKE YOU
Tor Browser is free and open source software developed the Tor Project, a nonprofit organization. You can help keep Tor strong, secure, and independent by making a donation: https://donate.torproject.org/
Learn more about Tor Browser for Android:
– Need help? Visit https://tb-manual.torproject.org/mobile-tor/.
– Learn more about what’s happening at Tor: https://blog.torproject.org
– Follow the Tor Project on Twitter: https://twitter.com/torproject
ABOUT THE TOR PROJECT
The Tor Project, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization developing free and open source software for privacy and freedom online, protecting people from tracking, surveillance, and censorship. The Tor Project’s mission is to advance human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source anonymity and privacy technologies, support their unrestricted availability and use, and further their scientific and popular understanding.
Features of Tor Browser for PC
1. Tor Browser for Android is the only official mobile browser supported by the Tor Project, developers
2. Tor Browser for Android is based on Firefox and includes many of the same features
3. Tor Browser for Android can be used to access the Tor network, which is a secure and anonymous network of computers
4. Tor Browser for Android can be used to browse the internet anonymously and securely
5. Tor Browser for Android can be used to bypass internet censorship
6. Tor Browser for Android can be used to protect your privacy online
7. Tor Browser for Android can be used to access the dark web
8. Tor Browser for Android can be used to access websites that are blocked in your country
9. Tor Browser for Android is available in over 30 languages
10. Tor Browser for Android is a free and open source software project
Install “Tor Browser” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
Installing Tor Browser on your PC isn’t that difficult if you use NOX app player on your computer. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators you can use today. Let’s get you through the process of how to install Tor Browser on your PC using NOX:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player on your computer from here and install it by double clicking the installer.
- The installation will take a few minutes depending on how fast your PC is. Then, click on launch and run the emulator.
- Inside the emulator, you can see the Google Play store icon on the top right corner area. Click on it.
- The Play Store will ask you to log into your account. Here, use your Google email and password to log in.
- Then, you can see the play store interface. On the search bar, you need to type Tor Browser and hit enter to search for it.
- Once the results come up, you can see the Tor Browser as the first result. Hit install under this result and it will download and install on your PC.
- After installation, you can launch the app from the shortcut button or directly from the Play store form the Open button.
|App Name:||Tor Browser On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||The Tor Project|
|Latest Version:||102.2.1-Release (11.5.6)|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Thursday, October 27, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Tor Browser?
Tor Browser is improving with each new release. This release includes critical security improvements. Please read the release notes for more information about what changed in this version. https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1156
Tor Browser is a great application for those who want to keep their online activity private and secure. The application is easy to use and provides a high level of security. Overall, Tor Browser is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a secure and private way to browse the internet.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Tor Browser for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
Recent Tor Browser Reviews
What u doin on there?
I would like if i can give 10 stars it is the best private web browser
Not working at all
Meh…the “search” is pretty conservative.
good browser ever
The One And Only.
Very very very slow
like the privacy. must learn more
We refer the ownership of This Tor Browser to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Tor Browser and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Tor Browser. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Tor Browser.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.