SkyDemon is an aviation company that provides flight planning, tracking, and navigation services for pilots. The company was founded in 2006 by two pilots, Richard Baker and Jonathan Nicholson, who saw a need for better flight planning tools. SkyDemon has since become a leading provider of aviation services, with millions of users worldwide.
The latest SkyDemon for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
SkyDemon ANDROID App Summary
Divelements Limited has developed the SkyDemon for Android. You can find it under the Maps & Navigation category on Play Store. Since its inception, SkyDemon has got over 199399+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.0 rating and the latest version of it is 3.16.6
The latest update of SkyDemon is Wednesday, January 25, 2023 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
SkyDemon App Overview and Details
SkyDemon is one of Europe’s most popular solutions for VFR flight planning and in-flight navigation.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon’s powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
– SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you’ll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
– Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
– Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
– Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
– Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan, and many are available georeferenced for use in flight
– Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
– File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
– Automatic TAF, METAR and SIGMET briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
– Rainfall data can be overlaid on the main map, with animation, showing the trend of rainfall over time
– Integration of GAFOR route forecasts for Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia
– Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
– Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
– Easily print your PLOG and the output from various briefings
– Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
– Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
– Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
– Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
– ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
– Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
– Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
– Analyse your track logs for posterity
– Choose between six different vector chart styles
– Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
– Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
– Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
– Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
– Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
– An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
– Live Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
– TerrainSafe dynamically colours mountainous terrain around you to quickly identify safer areas
– Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
– Approach Information shows runway diagrams, TAF, METAR, NOTAM and other airfield details useful for making an approach
– Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
– Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
– Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
– Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching and dragging
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
Features of SkyDemon for PC
1. VFR flight planning
2. In-flight navigation
Install “SkyDemon” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the SkyDemon on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the SkyDemon app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install SkyDemon.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||SkyDemon On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Divelements Limited|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Maps & Navigation|
|Updated on:||Wednesday, January 25, 2023|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this SkyDemon?
– Various improvements to loading speed, memory consumption and stability
– Connectivity to Avidyne IFD systems restored
The SkyDemon application is a great tool for pilots to use to help them plan their flights. It is user-friendly and provides all of the information that a pilot needs to plan a safe and efficient flight.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the SkyDemon for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
Recent SkyDemon Reviews
So far so “bueno”
It is ease to use .
Buy it. You won’t be disappointed.
I’m a pilot under training and I like to use this app with a flight Sim. Very useful; feature rich. My instructor also uses this app and highly rates it.
A must-have for VFR pilots and also useful as a backup or planing for IFR flights. As a flight instructor, it’d also extremely useful as a debrief tool as well as for my own time management and planning.
Great flight planning app. Beats its main competition by a lot, considering it is truly multiplatform.
Newest update: great for FRQ in FLT mode!
We refer the ownership of This SkyDemon to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for SkyDemon and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the SkyDemon. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the SkyDemon.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.