Shelter is a feature film directed by Peter Mullan and starring Michael Fassbender and Brendan Gleeson. The film is set in Glasgow, Scotland and follows the lives of two men who are struggling to get by. The film was released in 2007 and received positive reviews from critics.
We will help you download the Shelter for PC and install it fast. But you must know the technical specifications of it before that. Here are they:
Download & Install Shelter on PC: Windows 11/10/8/7
Using the NOX app Player is a great way to download and install the Shelter on your PC. All you have to do is, follow the steps below, install the Shelter, and use it on the bigger screen of your computer:
- Step 1: You have to download the NOX player on your computer using the official link here.
- Step 2: You’ll install this great emulator from your computer and click on launch to start the interface.
- Step 3: Next step is to log into your Google account in the Play Store app that the NOX app player comes with.
- Step 4: To find the Shelter, you have to search for it in Play Store after logging into the Play store account.
- Step 5: As you see, the Shelter appears on the first result. Click on it and you’ll see the Install button to download it.
- Step 6: Download the Shelter by clicking install. It will take a few minutes to get the app shortcut added to your homepage.
- Step 7: Start using the Shelter on your computer by launching it using the app icon you can see on the NOX app player homepage.
|App Name:||Shelter On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Paper Airplane Dev Team|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, September 29, 2020|
|Get it On:|
Shelter ANDROID App Summary
Paper Airplane Dev Team is the developer of the Shelter, and they have the app under the Tools of Google Play Store. The latest version of the Shelter from them is 1.6-google with over 287919 users under the hood. With a 3.7 rating, the Shelter is clearly a popular choice for users for the job it does.
Latest update date of the Shelter is Tuesday, September 29, 2020, so you’ll find the latest features. However, you can’t just use the app directly on a computer, you need to use an Emulator to do so. Our recommendations for emulators are BlueStacks, Nox Player, and Memu Emulator.
Do you need a guide to download and install the Shelter on your computer using an emulator? This article is all about helping you do just that! Stick to the guide below.
Shelter App Overview and Details
This app requires Device Admin permissions to work. If you question what it does with the permission, please read or audit the source code, you can also build from the source code on your own.
Shelter is a Free and Open-Source (FOSS) app that leverages the “Work Profile” feature of Android to provide an isolated space that you can install or clone apps into.
Shelter comes with absolutely no advertisement / statistics / tracking SDKs bundled with it. All source code is available in at https://git.angry.im/PeterCxy/Shelter or mirror https://github.com/PeterCxy/Shelter and the sources are licensed under WTFPL.
This app depends on your Android system’s implementation of Work Profile. Some vendor / custom ROMs may have a broken implementation that may cause crashes and even bricking of your device. One such example is MIUI from Xiaomi. I currently provide no support for such ROMs because I personally do not own any of these devices. If you are running Shelter on these ROMs, you are on your own. If any developer out there own these devices and could make Shelter run on these ROMs, please send pull requests and I’ll be happy to merge them.
Features / Use Cases
– Run apps inside the isolated profile so they cannot access your data outside the profile
– “Freeze” (disable) background-heavy or seldom-used apps when you don’t need them. This is especially true if you use apps from “some company”.
– Clone apps to use two accounts on one device
Shelter is not a full sandbox implementation. It cannot protect you from:
– Security bugs of the Android system or Linux kernel
– Backdoors installed in your Android system (so please use an open-source ROM if you are concerned about this)
– Backdoors installed into the firmwares (no way to work around this)
– Any other bugs or limitations imposed by the Android system.
Also, Shelter cannot create more than 1 work profile on one Android device, and cannot co-exist with any other apps that manages a Work Profile. This is due to the limitations of the Android system, and I can do nothing about this.
Q: Why not use Island by OasisFeng, the creator of Greenify?
A: Simply because it is not an FOSS app and it bundles with non-free SDKs. Note that this doesn’t necessarily mean that Island has anti-features like tracking (and I don’t think it has either), it’s just that I wrote Shelter as an FOSS replacement of it. There is no other reason why one would prefer Shelter over Island except for this one.
Q: Why does Shelter always run in background?
A: Please try removing Shelter from “Recent Apps” every time you close it. If it still persists in your notifications and eating up battery, you might have encountered a bug. Please file a bug report.
Q: How do I uninstall Shelter from my device?
A: 1) Go to Settings -> Accounts to remove the work profile; 2) Go to Settings -> Security -> Advanced -> Device admin apps to remove Shelter from Device Admin apps; 3) Uninstall Shelter normally.
Q: If I encounter bugs, how do I report them?
A: You could file an issue on either the main repository at https://git.angry.im/PeterCxy/Shelter or the mirror repository at https://github.com/PeterCxy/Shelter. Please include your system information as well as a logcat if possible.
Features of Shelter for PC
1. The app requires Device Admin permissions to work.
2. The app can access your device’s admin functions.
3. The app can manage your device’s settings and configurations.
4. The app can monitor your device’s activity and usage.
5. The app can track your device’s location.
6. The app can control your device’s camera and microphone.
7. The app can manage your device’s storage.
8. The app can access your device’s files and data.
9. The app can manage your device’s applications and programs.
10. The app can control your device’s system settings.
Whats New In this Shelter?
– Added support for Android 11
– Allows blocking contacts access across profile boundary
– More translations; you can now participate in translating Shelter at https://weblate.typeblog.net
– For the full changelog, please see https://cgit.typeblog.net/Shelter/tree/CHANGELOG.md
The Shelter application is a great tool for those in need of housing assistance. It is user-friendly and provides a lot of helpful information. The application process is simple and straightforward, and I would recommend it to anyone in need of housing assistance.
That’s it! We hope that the guide above has been a help for you to install it on your computer. Need to know more about the emulator or the Shelter? Let us know!
Recent Shelter Reviews
I don’t get notification to activate work profile
It is not working on Samsung oneui 5.0
Does not work on Android 13. Throws a permission denied error and closes, even after clearing data or reinstalling.
We refer the ownership of This Shelter to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Shelter and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Shelter. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Shelter.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.