OnCourse is a boating and sailing application that provides users with the ability to track their progress, set goals, and receive feedback from the community. The app also allows users to find and connect with other sailors in their area.
The technical specifications of the OnCourse – boating & sailing for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
- 1 OnCourse – boating & sailing ANDROID App Summary
- 2 Download & Install OnCourse – boating & sailing For PC: Windows 10/8/7
- 3 Features of OnCourse – boating & sailing for PC
- 4 OnCourse – boating & sailing App Overview and Details
- 5 Whats New In this OnCourse – boating & sailing?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Recent OnCourse – boating & sailing Reviews
OnCourse – boating & sailing ANDROID App Summary
OnCourse – boating & sailing was developed by MarineTraffic and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download OnCourse – boating & sailing from Google Play Store under the Maps & Navigation category. The latest version of OnCourse – boating & sailing is VARY on Play store with total users of 604947. The OnCourse – boating & sailing app has a user rating of 3.5 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the OnCourse – boating & sailing is Tuesday, August 3, 2021. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the OnCourse – boating & sailing on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install OnCourse – boating & sailing For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Installing the OnCourse – boating & sailing using NOX player is a fairly simple process. Using this emulator is a great way to use any Android app on a PC. Here are the steps you’ll have to follow to install the OnCourse – boating & sailing on your PC:
- Download the Nox player emulator on your computer and install it by double-clicking the installation file from download folder.
- It will take a few minutes to install on your PC. The time will depend on the specs of your computer. The higher the specs, the faster the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll see the Play store icon on the top right corner area of NOX Player emulator.
- Open the Play store app, and log into your google account. Then, you’ll see the familiar interface you see on your phone.
- Click on the search bar, and search for OnCourse – boating & sailing here. You’ll see it on the search result page in the first position.
- Choose the first result and click on the Install button on screen. This will start downloading the app on your computer.
- As it’s now installed on your PC, no problem running it. You can launch the app from the NOX player homepage or your Desktop.
|App Name:||OnCourse – boating & sailing On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Maps & Navigation|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, August 3, 2021|
|Get it On:|
Features of OnCourse – boating & sailing for PC
1. OnCourse helps you navigate while boating and sailing, so you can enjoy your time on the water.
2. OnCourse provides detailed charts and maps, so you can plan your route and avoid hazards.
3. OnCourse has a simple interface that is easy to use, even if you’re not familiar with navigation.
4. OnCourse is always up-to-date, so you can be confident in your information.
5. OnCourse helps you avoid crowded areas and find the best anchorages and moorings.
6. OnCourse can be used offline, so you don’t need to worry about data charges.
7. OnCourse includes a comprehensive database of marine businesses and services.
8. OnCourse has tools to help you track your progress and performance.
9. OnCourse is available in English and French.
10. OnCourse is a free app.
OnCourse – boating & sailing App Overview and Details
Improve your experience at sea with OnCourse, the new boating and sailing navigation aid from MarineTraffic, the global leader in vessel tracking.
OnCourse helps you stay aware of the traffic around you, plan your voyages, while sharing your position with your friends and loved ones through the MarineTraffic Live Map. Also, you can engage with the boaters’ community and have fun with the new exciting Virtual Reality feature.
Increase your awareness while sailing
– Plan and monitor your voyage*
– Calculate the optimal route*
– Add your own customisable waypoints to the map
– Collision detection & avoidance while sailing, with AIS
– Additional information during sailing (time to next waypoint, next ETA, final ETA, distance & bearing to waypoint)
Share your position on MarineTraffic.com and engage with the boaters’ community
– Report your own position even if your boat is not equipped with an AIS transponder, so that your friends and family can follow you in near real-time
– Track a particular boat in a race or keep in touch with friends’ boats whilst cruising
– Identify other vessels that are sailing in the area (provided that they transmit their positions)
– Upload photos of your boat for all the community to see
– Recognise vessels by using the Augmented Reality tool*
– Try out the new Virtual Reality feature and watch everything from a different perspective (requires a VR headset)*
Very low data and battery consumption
All standard units of measurement supported
(*) Available only with OnCourse Plus subscriptions
Note: OnCourse is not AIS, OnCourse simulates the data transmitted by AIS transponders; however, it only transmits data through the Internet and not over AIS radio-frequencies. The information transmitted by OnCourse is not visible by the AIS receivers of other vessels. It will only be displayed on the MarineTraffic website and apps. As such, OnCourse is a self-reporting tool that does not substitute AIS transmissions and it is not, by any means, related to the safety and navigation equipment of a vessel.
Provided that Internet connectivity is available, the vessel’s positions will start being reported once the OnCourse application is launched on your mobile device. Note that the positions will continue being reported even if the app is running in the background! It is important to be used only when the device is on board a vessel and it must be turned off whenever the device leaves the vessel!
How to use OnCourse – Registration Required
Registration for a MarineTraffic account is required in order to start reporting your position through the application. The details of the vessel (such as vessel’s name, call-sign, dimensions, destination, ETA, etc) must be also configured when using the app.
In order to avoid unwanted position reporting, MarineTraffic will send e-mail notifications at your registered email address, whenever your app is active. This serves as a reminder that position reporting should only be active when you are at sea and must be turned off when on land.
This application is to be used for informational reasons and as navigation assistance. This is not a substitute for the good seamanship practices, the onboard navigation and safety instruments required by applicable regulations.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Whats New In this OnCourse – boating & sailing?
OnCourse is a great boating and sailing application that is packed with features to help you plan your trips, track your progress, and stay safe on the water. The app is easy to use and very user-friendly, making it a great choice for both experienced and novice boaters and sailors.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the OnCourse – boating & sailing on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
Recent OnCourse – boating & sailing Reviews
Sends AIS information in realtime
App works well for the most part, however with the app is restarted, a new track is created rather than resuming the previous track. Also when you export the track it’s created as a GPX *Route* not a GPX *Track* making it awkward to import into other apps.
Terrible app, constantly stops. Utterly useless. Even with suggestions from help desk still doesn’t work properly. Deleting it.
I am never long in my account why I register my account but never long in help me you can help me I am review with you apps I need help
I cannot even open the app, nothing is being showed, just a blue screen. Strange.
This app would be usefull if it has nmea Ais and the ability to import gpx & kml formats.
Why is it so difficult to upload a picture of one’s boat. So frustrating. Still can’t get my picture up. Telling me must be a certain pixel count. I’m using a perfect picture what do I do?? Impossible to get picture to upload
Very useful application
Very good 👍
We refer the ownership of This OnCourse – boating & sailing to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for OnCourse – boating & sailing and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the OnCourse – boating & sailing. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the OnCourse – boating & sailing.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.