Nautical charts are an essential tool for safe navigation, providing information on the depth and contours of the seafloor, as well as the location of obstacles and hazards.
OsmAnd is a free and open-source nautical chart viewer and editor, available for Android, iOS, and Windows. It offers a wide range of features, including the ability to download and use offline charts, create and edit waypoints and routes, and overlay real-time data such as AIS and GPS positions.
Whether you’re a seasoned sailor or a recreational boater, OsmAnd is a valuable tool for safe and enjoyable navigation.
The technical specifications of the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
- 1 Nautical Charts — OsmAnd ANDROID App Summary
- 2 Nautical Charts — OsmAnd App Overview and Details
- 3 Features of Nautical Charts — OsmAnd for PC
- 4 How To Install & Download Nautical Charts — OsmAnd For PC Windows 10/8/7
- 5 Whats New In this Nautical Charts — OsmAnd?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Recent Nautical Charts — OsmAnd Reviews
Nautical Charts — OsmAnd ANDROID App Summary
Nautical Charts — OsmAnd was developed by OsmAnd and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download Nautical Charts — OsmAnd from Google Play store under the Travel & Local category. The latest version of Nautical Charts — OsmAnd is 1.0 on Play store with total users of 222722. The Nautical Charts — OsmAnd app has a user rating of 3.7 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd is Tuesday, December 27, 2016. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd on your computer using the emulators. The step by step guides below will help you do so.
Nautical Charts — OsmAnd App Overview and Details
Nautical Charts — OsmAnd is an extension for OsmAnd Maps & Navigation app that provides free nautical charts for offline use. This sea map will be your reliable companion whether you are going fishing or planning a sea travel.
Nautical Charts are a detailed graphical representation of oceans, seas, coastal areas, and rivers. The charts can contain various information like sailing routes, navigation lights, dangerous areas, areas where it’s allowed or not allowed to sail or dock, etc.
These maps are also supplemented with the information about the depth contours and nautical depth points that add valuable layers of data to the map.
All the professional sailors are obliged to have official marine charts
on their ships. These charts are published by authorized agencies and cost quite some money. Agencies are investing a lot in keeping the charts up to date. They release updates for the charts on a regular basis, but because of the fact that reviewing the information and processing the updates takes quite some time, the nautical charts are never completely up-to-date.
Nautical charts by OsmAnd are based on the data from the OpenSeaMap project. The idea of the project is to build the detailed map by people who actually use it. Every user of the map can contribute by adding changes to it making it more detailed and more accurate.
While OpenSeaMap charts at the moment cannot compete with official nautical charts, they can be used by recreational sailors for orientation or route planning. This plugin does not provide nautical navigation but it is your offline reference tool that can be used together with other navigational programs.
Usage Instructions: it is highly recommended to download nautical basemap in order to see the maps regardless of detailed map presence. Nautical charts are provided as a map and a special style, to switch style in OsmAnd please use the menu item ‘Configure Map’ on the map screen.
Features of Nautical Charts — OsmAnd for PC
1. Accurate nautical charts for navigation
2. Free to use
3. Available for Android devices
4. Provides essential information for safe navigation
5. Covers a wide range of areas
6. Regularly updated
7. User-friendly interface
8. Detailed information on each chart
9. Helpful tools for planning voyages
10. Customizable settings for maximum flexibility
How To Install & Download Nautical Charts — OsmAnd For PC Windows 10/8/7
You can download and install the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd for PC using the Nox player android emulator. Here are the steps you need to follow to install it on your computer alongside the step to install the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd.
- Step 1: You have to download the NOX player emulator on your computer. It will store in the Downloads folder of your PC.
- Step 2: Double click on the downloaded installer, click Yes, and let the Nox Player be installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Within NOX Player, you’ll see the Play Store Icon on the top portion of it. Go ahead, click on it, and open up the store.
- Step 4: If you’re not logged in, make sure you log into your Gmail or Play store account using email and password.
- Step 5: Search for Nautical Charts — OsmAnd on the search bar that you’ll see in the play store app. This will show you the app.
- Step 6: Click on the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd and click install to start downloading it on your computer and installing it.
- Step 7: Wait for a few minutes and NOX player will add a shortcut button to the desktop and the homepage.
- Step 8: You can double click on the shortcut icon and start using the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd on your computer right away.
|App Name:||Nautical Charts — OsmAnd On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Travel & Local|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, December 27, 2016|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Nautical Charts — OsmAnd?
* Removed icon from the application list
Nautical charts are an important tool for planning and executing a safe and successful voyage. The OsmAnd application is a great tool for accessing and using nautical charts. It is user-friendly and provides all of the information needed to navigate the waters safely.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
Recent Nautical Charts — OsmAnd Reviews
cant find after install and no open app button
says it installs after download but it doesn’t. No icon come up as with as with any other app. zero stars
We refer the ownership of This Nautical Charts — OsmAnd to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Nautical Charts — OsmAnd and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Nautical Charts — OsmAnd.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.