Libby is an app created by OverDrive. It allows users to borrow and read eBooks and audiobooks from their library’s digital collection. With Libby, users can keep track of their reading progress and due dates, create custom reading lists, and more.
The technical specifications of the Libby, by OverDrive for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
Libby, by OverDrive ANDROID App Summary
Libby, by OverDrive was developed by OverDrive, Inc. and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download Libby, by OverDrive from Google Play store under the Books & Reference category. The latest version of Libby, by OverDrive is 5.2.0 on Play store with total users of 8419524. The Libby, by OverDrive app has a user rating of 4.2 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the Libby, by OverDrive is Tuesday, September 13, 2022. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the Libby, by OverDrive on your computer using the emulators. The step by step guides below will help you do so.
Libby, by OverDrive App Overview and Details
All over the world, local libraries offer millions of ebooks and audiobooks. You can borrow them — for free, instantly — with a library card and Libby: the award-winning, much-loved app for libraries.
• Browse your library’s digital catalog of books — from classics to NYT best-sellers
• Borrow and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
• Download titles for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Send ebooks to your Kindle (U.S. libraries only)
• Listen to audiobooks via Android Auto
• Use tags to create your must-read list and any other book lists you want
• Keep your reading position automatically synced on all your devices
In our beautiful, intuitive ebook reader:
• Adjust text size, background color, and book design
• Zoom into magazines and comic books
• Define and search for words and phrases
• Read and listen to read-alongs with your kids
• Add bookmarks, notes, and highlights
In our ground-breaking audio player:
• Slow down or speed up the audio (0.6 to 3.0x)
• Set a sleep timer
• Simply swipe to skip forward and backward
• Add bookmarks, notes, and highlights
Libby is built by the team at OverDrive, in support of local libraries everywhere.
Features of Libby, by OverDrive for PC
1. Millions of ebooks and audiobooks available from local libraries.
2. Ability to borrow books from local libraries.
3. Books can be read or listened to from local libraries.
4. Books are available in multiple languages from local libraries.
5. Ability to search for specific books or authors from local libraries.
6. Books can be reserved in advance from local libraries.
7. Libraries often offer special events and programs.
8. Libraries provide a quiet and comfortable place to read or listen to books.
9. Libraries are generally free to use.
10. Most libraries are open to the public.
How To Install & Download Libby, by OverDrive For PC Windows 10/8/7
You can download and install the Libby, by OverDrive for PC using the Nox player android emulator. Here are the steps you need to follow to install it on your computer alongside the step to install the Libby, by OverDrive.
- Step 1: You have to download the NOX player emulator on your computer. It will store in the Downloads folder of your PC.
- Step 2: Double click on the downloaded installer, click Yes, and let the Nox Player be installed on your computer.
- Step 3: Within NOX Player, you’ll see the Play Store Icon on the top portion of it. Go ahead, click on it, and open up the store.
- Step 4: If you’re not logged in, make sure you log into your Gmail or Play store account using email and password.
- Step 5: Search for Libby, by OverDrive on the search bar that you’ll see in the play store app. This will show you the app.
- Step 6: Click on the Libby, by OverDrive and click install to start downloading it on your computer and installing it.
- Step 7: Wait for a few minutes and NOX player will add a shortcut button to the desktop and the homepage.
- Step 8: You can double click on the shortcut icon and start using the Libby, by OverDrive on your computer right away.
|App Name:||Libby, by OverDrive On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||OverDrive, Inc.|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, September 13, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Libby, by OverDrive?
We're continuing to improve support for Android 13, including bug fixes for Android 13 and Android Auto.
Libby is a great application for reading books. It allows you to find books from your local library and borrow them for free. You can also read them offline, which is great for when you’re on the go. Overall, Libby is a great application for reading books and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the Libby, by OverDrive on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
Recent Libby, by OverDrive Reviews
One of my most used apps. Please allow the use of a tag to hide books. I’d like to hide books I’ve marked as read, and books I have no interest in reading.
It’s free and amazing. I’m not sure why i subscribed to audible or kindle. This is so much better and free.
I have tried several library apps, and I like this one the best. I life the way they let you be in a waiting list. I like the tag system for rating and saving titles for later when you aren’t wanting to read them right away.
High battery drainage. Search function is not used freindly.
I now only listen to the audio books I really recommend this. It’s. Wonderful.. I’ts great if you just haven’t time to go to library, you can listen to your book while relaxing or when walking it’s a great idea. Best thing is it’s completely free borrow as many books free listen then return them all at the tap of your finger. I recommend this to everyone. No glitches it’s fantastic. I would like to be able to recommend the books I read.
Hate it, hate it, hate it. Overdrive was so much more clean. Libby is busy, counterintuitive, and completely un-customizable. I honestly feel accosted every time I open this app. The fact that I’m now FORCED to use it for my library, is highly disappointing! I just want the original Overdrive back!
MY LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!!!!!! Download this app if you love books and or love reading in general. You won’t regret it. DO IT.
I love the Libby app, it is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The option to link multiple libraries makes it easy to keep track of the books on your bookshelf. I also love the reminders when items are due so you have time to renew them if you’re not quite done. For my e-books, I read them on my Kindle, the experience is flawless and the transfer from Libby to the Kindle is very quick. The app works in my car so I can also listen to audiobooks when I’m on the road. Great app!
renewed the app and found it operates better than the older app…..
We refer the ownership of This Libby, by OverDrive to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Libby, by OverDrive and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Libby, by OverDrive. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Libby, by OverDrive.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.