GeyserTimes is a website that tracks geyser eruptions at geysers around the world. The site includes a database of geyser eruption times, a forum for discussing geyser activity, and a blog with articles about geysers and geyser watching.
The latest GeyserTimes for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
GeyserTimes ANDROID App Summary
GeyserTimes has developed the GeyserTimes for Android. You can find it under the Travel & Local category on Play Store. Since its inception, GeyserTimes has got over 23874+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 4.5 rating and the latest version of it is 4.1.1
The latest update of GeyserTimes is Friday, December 17, 2021 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
GeyserTimes App Overview and Details
GeyserTimes is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the acquisition, preservation and dissemination of geyser-related data.
EXPLORE THE LATEST GEYSER ACTIVITY
• Check out daily geyser activity in summary or timeline mode.
• Click on eruptions and notes for more details, such as comments, confirms, flags and attachments.
• Hover over or long click on eruptions and notes for popups with additional information.*
• View the latest information on your favorite geysers in a personalized for you screen.
• Analyze geyser behavior using interval and duration charts.
PLAN YOUR DAY WITH PREDICTIONS
• View predictions made by the National Park Service.
• View predictions made by GeyserTimes, which are available for additional geysers and recalculated while offline.
(ℹ️: Geysers are natural features without a schedule and estimates are derived from user reports.)
WATCH THE WEBCAM
• View the Old Faithful live stream directly on your phone.
• Cast the Old Faithful live stream to your TV using Google Chromecast.
SUBMIT YOUR OBSERVATIONS
• Enter eruption times for geysers.
• Determine eruption durations with ease using the included stopwatch.
• Enter notes to document interesting geyser behavior.
• Comment on other entries to add additional details.
• Confirm or flag entries.
• Add attachments to entries, such as YouTube videos or Flickr photos.
(🔒: Free GeyserTimes account required. Don’t have an account? Sign up within the app.)
DON’T RELY ON A CONNECTION
• Access the latest activity even when no connection is available thanks to an offline database.
• Submit your latest observations even when offline.
• Downlaod additional data if more is required.
• Delete unused data to save storage on your device.
(⚠️: Internet connection required for sync and download.)
• Location Permission: used to suggest nearby geysers. If you deny this permission, suggestions will be based on your last entered eruption instead.
• Approximate Location Permission: used to calculate sunrise and sunset time for automatic night mode. If you deny this permission, fixed times will be used instead.
• Google Analytics for Firebase: collects usage and behavior data for improving the user experience. You can opt out within the settings.
• Firebase Crashlytics: collects crash reports for faster and easier bug fixes. You can opt out within the settings.
• GeyserTimes Account: for the attribution and credibility of data users must identify themselves using their real name and email address to submit data. All data can be accessed without an account, though.
SEND FEEDBACK & RECOMMEND US
GeyserTimes is developed and maintained with love, sweat and tears by volunteers and will continue to evolve as we strive to provide the best experience to our users. Therefore, we welcome any feedback or suggestions and are thankful for all bug and crash reports. If you like our app, please consider rating us and recommending us to your friends.
⚠️ IMPORTANT NOTICE ⚠️
Even though GeyserTimes is optimized for offline use, a data connection is required to retrieve updated data. As cellular data connectivity and Wi-Fi availability is limited in Yellowstone, we recommend downloading and setting up the app before you arrive as well as syncing the app before leaving your accommodation every day.
(* Compatible devices include the Samsung Galaxy S and Note series)
Features of GeyserTimes for PC
1. GeyserTimes is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the acquisition, preservation and dissemination of geyser observation data.
2. GeyserTimes has the world’s largest database of geyser eruption data.
3. GeyserTimes offers free online access to its data.
4. GeyserTimes produces eruption predictions for geysers around the world.
5. GeyserTimes offers a subscription service that delivers eruption predictions to your email or mobile device.
6. GeyserTimes maintains a network of geyser observers around the world.
7. GeyserTimes offers educational resources about geysers and geyser observing.
8. GeyserTimes supports scientific research about geysers and geothermal systems.
9. GeyserTimes raises funds to support its mission through donations and grants.
10. GeyserTimes is governed by a Board of Directors and operated by a small staff.
Install “GeyserTimes” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the GeyserTimes on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the GeyserTimes app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install GeyserTimes.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||GeyserTimes On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Travel & Local|
|Updated on:||Friday, December 17, 2021|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this GeyserTimes?
• Updated webcam screen with predictions and recent eruptions
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
GeyserTimes is a great application for keeping track of geyser eruptions and times. It is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The information is reliable and up-to-date. Overall, GeyserTimes is a great tool for anyone interested in geysers or Yellowstone National Park.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the GeyserTimes for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
Recent GeyserTimes Reviews
I used to love using this app to figure out geyser times, see notes left by other people, etc. At some point since the update to the most recent Android this app has stopped working right. It just doesn’t sync properly with the servers. As a result there aren’t any up-to-date predictions, even the NPS predictions that should always be there. Loved the app, lovedthe concept but it just doesn’t work anymore. I’ve deleted data and reinstalled and it didn’t help sadly. Total bummer.
Very useful. We’ve used this to see geysers that have long eruption cycles that we’d otherwise miss. Great for planning.
Not able to visit Yellowstone until next year, this app satisfies the geyser geek in me. I even got to see Giantess erupt on the 11th and 12th! Picture quality is quite good. Lots of variety as whoever is in control moves the direction and focus of the camera around.
Not exactly sure of the “why” this update except for known issues with stability of the previous version which crashed every time Emily tried to make an entry. I totally do not like the new version of “Favorites” which attempts to combine time since last eruption, last know eruption, and prediction as well as image. REALLY!! I used to use this all the time with knowledge of the latest interval. I could view the previous version of “Favorites” on a single screen but now have to scroll through at least four screens to get the same information. This is NOT progress. The issue with entering eruptions to the nearest second is a joke. Take Grotto Fountain – often you get meaningful pushes as much as a foot or more tall, but many would not consider this an eruption until Grotto Fountain gets to eye level. However, the real start (to the nearest second) would make the time the push elevated above the crater. I have others “jump” my entry by claiming that Castle started three seconds before my FRS call, and just when does one enter the to-the-second start of most Beehives. This is nothing more than a group of “experts” letting the casual observers know that our input is not welcome. I guess I need to keep my Beehive Indicator calls to my self – especially during the night hours.
I used to use this app but currently everytime I open the app a get a message, sync failed. I’ve unisnstallrd and reinstalled, I’m not very tech smart so that’s all I know to do, If anyone else knows anything about this contact me.
Great app. Used it the last time we were at Yellowstone and will never visit Yellowstone without it.
It’s a great app. If going to yellowstone and you are a first timer or thousand timer. Thank you geyser times!!!
This is a great app for keeping track of when geysers have erupted. I use it all the time in Yellowstone.
Disclosure: I am on the app’s all-volunteer dev team.
Great app for tracking the geyser activity. Thanks for offering it for free.
We refer the ownership of This GeyserTimes to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for GeyserTimes and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the GeyserTimes. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the GeyserTimes.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.