PCAPdroid is a network monitor for Android. It allows you to capture and view packets from your Android device. PCAPdroid is open source and available for free.
The technical specifications of the PCAPdroid – network monitor for PC are the ones that set it apart and why it’s so popular. Go through those from this section:
- 1 PCAPdroid – network monitor ANDROID App Summary
- 2 Download & Install PCAPdroid – network monitor For PC: Windows 10/8/7
- 3 PCAPdroid – network monitor App Overview and Details
- 4 Features of PCAPdroid – network monitor for PC
- 5 Whats New In this PCAPdroid – network monitor?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Recent PCAPdroid – network monitor Reviews
PCAPdroid – network monitor ANDROID App Summary
PCAPdroid – network monitor was developed by Emanuele Faranda and they’ve done a good job keeping it highly user friendly. You can download PCAPdroid – network monitor from Google Play Store under the Tools category. The latest version of PCAPdroid – network monitor is 1.6.0 on Play store with total users of 151288. The PCAPdroid – network monitor app has a user rating of 4.2 which is impressive.
The latest update date of the PCAPdroid – network monitor is Sunday, January 15, 2023. Although it’s easy to install it on Android, it’s not that easy to do so on PC. You need to use an emulator to do so. The most popular emulators would be NOX player, BlueStacks, and Memu Emulator to install it on PC.
We will talk about how to install and use the PCAPdroid – network monitor on your computer using the emulators. The step-by-step guides below will help you do so.
Download & Install PCAPdroid – network monitor For PC: Windows 10/8/7
Getting the PCAPdroid – network monitor installed on your PC can be super easy if you use the NOX player. It’s one of the most popular Android emulators for both PC and Mac. Just use the steps below to download the PCAPdroid – network monitor and use it on your PC:
- First off, you need to download the NOX player emulator. Go ahead and do that. You’ll find the installation file in your download folder
- Now, install it on your computer by double clicking the installer. It will take a few minutes if you have a fast computer.
- Once installed, you’re ready to get the PCAPdroid – network monitor on your PC. Just locate the Play store app in the NOX homepage and log into your Google account.
- Search for the PCAPdroid – network monitor in the search bar of Play store and install it from there. You’ll get a quick launching icon on the NOX homepage after that.
- Click the icon at any time, and you’ll be able to use the PCAPdroid – network monitor on your computer every time you open NOX player.
|App Name:||PCAPdroid – network monitor On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Emanuele Faranda|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Sunday, January 15, 2023|
|Get it On:|
PCAPdroid – network monitor App Overview and Details
PCAPdroid is a privacy-friendly open source app which lets you track, analyze and block the connections made by the other apps in your device. It also allows you to export a PCAP dump of the traffic, extract metadata and much more!
PCAPdroid simulates a VPN in order to capture the network traffic without root. It does not use a remote VPN server. All the data is processed locally on the device.
– Log and examine the connections made by user and system apps
– Extract the SNI, DNS query, HTTP URL and the remote IP address
– Inspect HTTP requests and replies thanks to the built-in decoders
– Inspect the full connections payload as hexdump/text
– Decrypt the HTTPS/TLS traffic and export the SSLKEYLOGFILE
– Dump the traffic to a PCAP file, download it from a browser, or stream it to a remote receiver for real time analysis (e.g. wireshark)
– Create rules to filter out the good traffic and easily spot anomalies
– Identify the country and ASN of remote server via offline db lookups
– On rooted devices, capture the traffic while other VPN apps are running
– Firewall: create rules to block individual apps, domains and IP addresses
– Malware detection: detect malicious connections by using third-party blacklists
If you plan to use PCAPdroid to perform packet analysis, please check out the specific section of the manual.
Join the PCAPdroid community on telegram to discuss and receive updates on the latest features.
Features of PCAPdroid – network monitor for PC
1) PCAPdroid tracks and analyzes connections to help you protect your privacy.
2) It blocks unwanted connections and allows you to customize which ones to allow.
3) You can view detailed information about each connection, including its IP address, hostname, port, and more.
4) PCAPdroid can also be used to monitor your battery usage and data usage.
5) It supports multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, and German.
6) It is open source and available for free on the Google Play Store.
7) It requires Android 4.0 or higher.
8) It has been downloaded by over 100,000 users.
9) It has a 4.5-star rating on the Google Play Store.
10) It was last updated on December 21, 2016.
Whats New In this PCAPdroid – network monitor?
– Firewall whitelist mode: block everything, unless whitelisted
– Pcapng format: removes the need for a separate SSLKEYLOG (paid feature)
– Port mapping: redirect traffic to given hosts/ports
– Custom rules can now be added from the UI
– DNS servers are now configurable
– Add TLS decryption whitelist
– Simplify PCAP dump to file
– Sort apps by total/sent/received bytes
– Full payload can now be disabled in TLS decryption mode
– Support custom mitmproxy options
– View app logs in-app
PCAPdroid is a great network monitor application that can be used to keep track of your network traffic. It provides a lot of features and functionality, and is very easy to use. Overall, it is a great tool for anyone who needs to monitor their network traffic.
Following the steps above is all you need to do if you want to succeed installing the PCAPdroid – network monitor on your PC. If you have more queries about anything, do let us know.
Recent PCAPdroid – network monitor Reviews
Insanely well made packet analyzer if you ever need to dig deeper or troubleshoot network traffic. User guide is also very well written, perfectly explains TLS decryption limitations unless you are rooted.
Good but it should show the parameters with the host also
Doesn’t provide info if VPN is active
Only one tht works Wish it could see Hotspot traffic
I have had a similar experience as Hethe Berg, as in when I use the app to try to troubleshoot why certain apps won’t work on my Wi-Fi, the apps magically work and connect ONLY when I use PCAPdroid. So it does not capture the PCAP of the connection issue. Really curious what is going on here. First thought was I have malware and it stops running when someone tries to capture data of it working, but scans come up empty and it makes no sense why only some apps are affected. AMC+ is one of them.
Excellent insights into network traffic on device. Pcap addition is nice, decrypting traffic is even better! Firewall included and shut up and take my money
I keep getting a could not setup the vpn message. How do I correct this?
Can you disable the low memory killing of mitm plugin? (permanent notification is a solution). And maybe add a per-app domain Blocklist and a log auto-cleaner to save memory in case we don’t care about the logs but only for Firewall. Also, importing firewall rules doesn’t enable them properly.
We refer the ownership of This PCAPdroid – network monitor to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for PCAPdroid – network monitor and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the PCAPdroid – network monitor. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the PCAPdroid – network monitor.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.