Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application. It is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, with a software 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most streaming media, such as videos, music, podcasts, and videos from the Internet, as well as all common digital media files from local and network storage media.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Kodi for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
|App Name:||Kodi On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Kodi Foundation|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Video Players & Editors|
|Updated on:||Sunday, October 24, 2021|
|Get it On:|
Kodi ANDROID App Summary
The Kodi was developed by the popular developer agency named Kodi Foundation. They have the Kodi in the Video Players & Editors category of the Google Play Store. You can find the latest version, which is 19.3, on Play store now.
As it has a hefty 54436028 user base, you can rely on it for the job it does. For the user rating, you’re looking at a 3.9 rating for ease of use and how well it works. With Kodi latest features, good ratings, and frequent updates, you’ll be happy with it.
Sunday, October 24, 2021 was the last date the Kodi was updated with new features. If you want to use the Kodi on your computer, you have to use an emulator like BlueStacks, NOX player, and Memu Emulator.
Using these can be overwhelming. But, no worries, we’ve got your back. We’ll guide you to install the emulator and the Kodi using the emulator later on.
How To Install & Download Kodi For PC Windows 10/8/7
Installing the Kodi using NOX player is a fairly simple process. Using this emulator is a great way to use any Android app on a PC. Here are the steps you’ll have to follow to install the Kodi on your PC:
- Download the NOX player on your computer and install it by double clicking the installation file from download folder.
- It will take a few minutes to install on your PC. The time will depend on the specs of your computer. The higher the specs, the faster the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll see the Play store icon on the top right corner area of NOX Player emulator.
- Open the Play store app, and log into your google account. Then, you’ll see the familiar interface you see on your phone.
- Click on the search bar, and search for Kodi here. You’ll see it on the search result page in the first position.
- Choose the first result and click on the Install button on screen. This will start downloading the app on your computer.
- As it’s now installed on your PC, no problem running it. You can launch the app from the NOX player homepage or your Desktop.
Features of Kodi for PC
1. Kodi media center is a free and open source cross-platform software media player.
2. Kodi media center supports a wide range of audio and video formats.
3. Kodi media center has an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
4. Kodi media center allows users to manage and organize their media files.
5. Kodi media center provides users with a variety of customization options.
6. Kodi media center supports third-party add-ons and plugins.
7. Kodi media center is available for a variety of operating systems.
8. Kodi media center is constantly being updated with new features and improvements.
9. Kodi media center has an active community of users and developers.
10. Kodi media center is an award-winning software media player.
Kodi App Overview and Details
Kodi® media center is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a harddrive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. Any other means of watching illegal content which would otherwise be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Estuary is the new standard skin and is designed to be fast and user friendly.
With the skin Estouchy, Kodi has now been enhanced to better work with larger 5″ or up phones and tablets. Kodi is not designed or recommended for use with smaller phones.
– Kodi does not supply or include any media or content.
– Users must provide their own content or install one of the third party plug-ins
– Kodi has no affiliation with any third-part plug-in or add-on provider what so ever.
– We do not endorse the streaming of copyright protected material without permission of the copyright holder.
– In order to upgrade from a previous version you must have installed an official released version by Team Kodi. Any other version may cause failure to upgrade.
License and development:
Kodi® is a trademark of the XBMC Foundation. For further details you can visit http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Trademark_Policy
Kodi® is fully Open-Source and released under the GPLv2.0+ license. It includes many third-party libraries which use compatible licenses. Due to the inclusion of some GPLv3.0 libraries the entire application becomes GPLv3.0 as binary.
Should you wish to help on future development you can do so by visiting our forum for further questions.
Whats New In this Kodi?
This is the release of 19.3 "Matrix"
For more information visit our website https://kodi.tv
Feel free to make a donation while you are there.
Kodi is a great application for streaming media content from a variety of sources. It is easy to use and has a wide range of features that make it a great choice for streaming media content.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Kodi of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
Recent Kodi Reviews
Perfect to hack
Kodi been around a long time. All my apps in one place easy to use. Great app
black screen on Samsung fold 2
First off, how can you beat free? What you want when you want. Secondly, try to find or observe what is normal, this way when your current version crashes, you have an idea of where to look for problems.
Screen is going black upon opening, it never used to do that
The UI interface is fine but what bothers me is that I cannot paste anything from my clipboard into the app. I have to input everything manually – even links! Furthermore, the PVR does not want to start, it keeps loading forever, whilst on Windows, I can paste anything into the text box and the PVR client loads almost instantly (I have installed the very same PVR client/add-on both on mobile and Windows). Please give this Android port some love. Thank you in advance.
App is best in class but net speed in this app very very slow my wifi plan is 100 mbps but kodi app channel buffering again and again. Kodi app in net speed 2.5-3.0 mbps very poor disappointing me
After screen off music playback also stops in the new version.any solution please
We refer the ownership of This Kodi to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Kodi and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Kodi. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Kodi.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.