Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit is an all-in-one, integrated flight instrument system for general aviation aircraft. The system includes a primary flight display (PFD), multi-function display (MFD), engine monitoring display (EMD), and horizontal situation display (HSD). The PFD and MFD are mounted side-by-side in the instrument panel, while the EMD and HSD are mounted on separate panels. The system is controlled by a single knob and can be easily operated by a pilot in flight. The Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit is designed to provide pilots with all the information they need to safely and efficiently operate their aircraft.
The latest Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
- 1 Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit ANDROID App Summary
- 2 Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit App Overview and Details
- 3 Features of Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit for PC
- 4 Install “Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
- 5 Whats New In this Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 Recent Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit Reviews
Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit ANDROID App Summary
Helios Avionics GmbH has developed the Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit for Android. You can find it under the Maps & Navigation category on Play Store. Since its inception, Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit has got over 14170+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 3.6 rating and the latest version of it is 3.2
The latest update of Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit is Thursday, June 23, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit App Overview and Details
A fully functional portable glass cockpit (EFIS) for general aviation pilots.
It improves your flight experience, offering you intuitive visualizations for enhanced situational awareness.
It provides a backup system for all relevant instruments for navigation and orientation in the air using the internal sensors of a tablet or smartphone or an external solution (such as our SensorBox https://helios-avionics.com/product/sensorbox/ or third party GDL90 compatible devices like Talos, Stratux or Levil).
Therefore, it contains all relevant functions of a modern glass cockpit on a tablet, as well as the advantage of redundancy due to complete independence from the built-in avionics.
New intuitive visualizations improve the situational awareness and thus make it possible, in particular for private pilots, to provide greater flight safety, less stress and thus greater enjoyment of flying.
“Horizon – Your Portable Glass Cockpit” is currently available for Android, iOS and Linux.
– 3D Synthetic Vision
– Moving Map (VFR and IFR)
– AHRS (Attitude and Heading Reference System)
– Free Arrangement / Split Screen Views
– Side View
– Optional connection with our SensorBox and 3rd party GDL90 devices (Stratux, TalosAvionics, etc…)
– Inflight weather
– worldwide* chart data with:
– Waypoints / GPS fixes
– VFR Reporting Points
– Water Bodies (e.g. Rivers and Lakes)
– Street and Railway Landmarks
– High quality worldwide terrain data (except greenland and antarctica)
– Landscape and Portrait Mode
– North Up and Track Up
– Support for US VFR Sectional raster charts
– Support for custom waypoints and other custom elements
– Manual and automatic calibration for best accuracy
– Angle of Attack indication (if available)
– QNH/Altimeter settings to use a pressure sensor (default: auto determined by GNSS)
– Flight plans
– Viewing details of chart elements
– Viewing glide infos
– Multiple display support (via UDP Forwarding)
– In-App help / manual
– Attitude accuracy indication
* worldwide data include: high quality data for Europe, USA, New Zealand, Canada and basic data for the rest of the world. Please also see our distribution overview maps.
About Helios Avionics GmbH:
We are a young and dynamic team of pilots, who admire flying and are constantly pursuing the dream of making the world of avionics more user friendly.
Since we are proud FAA Private Pilot License holders with Instrument Rating, we can offer you products made by pilots and created for pilots.
With “Horizon -Your portable Glass Cockpit” we are providing you straightforward navigation and enhanced situational awareness, so that you can concentrate on what really matters – the fun of flying!
Please be advised that “Horizon – Your portable Glass Cockpit” is not designed as an official flight instrument; usage is only permitted according to the EULA (https://helios-avionics.com/login/EULA_de.html) and applicable law.
Problems or questions? Please find our FAQ: https://helios-avionics.com/login/faq.html or the manual: https://helios-avionics.com/login/manual/index.html
Still need help? You can contact us on: https://helios-avionics.com/contact/
End User License Agreement: https://helios-avionics.com/login/EULA_de.html
General Terms of Service, Copyright, Data Protection, Cookies and Revocation Terms: https://helios-avionics.com/contact/impressum/
Features of Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit for PC
1. A fully functional portable glass cockpit (EFIS) for general aviation pilots.
2. It improves your flight performance and situational awareness.
3. It is very user-friendly and easy to install.
4. It is very reliable and has a very low failure rate.
5. It is very affordable and is a great value for the money.
6. It comes with a very comprehensive manual.
7. It has a very good warranty.
8. It is supported by a very good customer service.
9. It is made by a very reputable company.
10. It is a great product.
Install “Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Helios Avionics GmbH|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Maps & Navigation|
|Updated on:||Thursday, June 23, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit?
Improved airspace rendering
Improved bearing indication
Generic autopilot connection via SensorBox
Improved warning overlays
SideView: new VS (Vertical Situation) vs FPL (FlightPLan) modes
Automatic logbook: improved takeoff/landing detection + configuration
Track/bearing: true and magnetic north
Taxiway labels directly in moving map
Fix in UAT package decoder
The Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit is an amazing application that allows users to control their aircraft in a variety of ways. The application is easy to use and provides a wealth of information to the user. The Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit is an essential tool for any pilot.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
Recent Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit Reviews
Looks like a very nice app, but too amateur for the asked price of €100/year :). Asks for calibration and EULA accept on every start. As an addition it never asked me to provide a password for my account… I created an account and then just provided the username and it logged in 🙂 If it was 3-5€ / year was going to be a good deal for what it offers. If you don’t care about the price, and potential reliability problems it definitely looks like a nice and useful app….. Just to answer your remark: Having in mind the poor quality of the application and how unreliable it is, one has to be demented to rely on this application in a real airplane
I have had it for over a year. I own two aircraft and I use it in both. The latest revisions that support other ADSB/GPS sources have really made a big difference. In my Sonex I have no attitude indicator and I fly under a Class B airspace. Knowing where I am in that space is important. Even better, in my Sonex, I installed a uAvionics ADSB “out” system and I use it as a hybrid AHRS / GPS solution. I use the phone (Galaxy Note 10) for AHRS and the uAvionics wifii connection for ADSB traffic and GPS. My only complaint is some UI issues which I would be happy to point out in more detail if you wanted. I am also a software developer so I appreciate good quality stuff. Keep up the good work!
Asking for creating account, then app didn’t really work. To complex to start and use.
Will not even start on my generic Android 8.0 tablet. Gets to the splash screen and just hangs.
My device has the required sensors but this app reports that it doesn’t. I assume that spending some money would help with the unlocking of those features!
The best Glass cockpit app I have used. I would like it could be paired with the stratux ahrs. Thanks for making this great application.
Let’s see where do I begin, for starters the app is NOT free. Second, I had no luck getting past the EULA agreement. There was no “ackknowledgement” button to click on. I uninstalled it and re-installed it to no avail.
Its got potential
We refer the ownership of This Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Horizon Portable Glass Cockpit.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.