An airport is a location where aircraft such as airplanes, helicopters, and private jets land and take off. There are many different types of airports, including small general aviation airports, large international airports, and military bases. Many airports also have restaurants, shops, and other amenities for travelers.
This article is all about helping you get to know the Airports for PC better and install it on your PC. Here are the technical specifications you want to know about beforehand:
|App Name:||Airports On Your PC|
|Developer Name:||Applicate Ltd|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Books & Reference|
|Updated on:||Tuesday, April 13, 2021|
|Get it On:|
Airports ANDROID App Summary
The Airports was developed by the popular developer agency named Applicate Ltd. They have the Airports in the Books & Reference category of the Google Play Store. You can find the latest version, which is 1.5.25, on Play store now.
As it has a hefty 13058 user base, you can rely on it for the job it does. For the user rating, you’re looking at a 4.6 rating for ease of use and how well it works. With Airports latest features, good ratings, and frequent updates, you’ll be happy with it.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 was the last date the Airports was updated with new features. If you want to use the Airports on your computer, you have to use an emulator like BlueStacks, NOX player, and Memu Emulator.
Using these can be overwhelming. But, no worries, we’ve got your back. We’ll guide you to install the emulator and the Airports using the emulator later on.
How To Install & Download Airports For PC Windows 10/8/7
Installing the Airports using NOX player is a fairly simple process. Using this emulator is a great way to use any Android app on a PC. Here are the steps you’ll have to follow to install the Airports on your PC:
- Download the NOX player on your computer and install it by double clicking the installation file from download folder.
- It will take a few minutes to install on your PC. The time will depend on the specs of your computer. The higher the specs, the faster the installation.
- Once installed, you’ll see the Play store icon on the top right corner area of NOX Player emulator.
- Open the Play store app, and log into your google account. Then, you’ll see the familiar interface you see on your phone.
- Click on the search bar, and search for Airports here. You’ll see it on the search result page in the first position.
- Choose the first result and click on the Install button on screen. This will start downloading the app on your computer.
- As it’s now installed on your PC, no problem running it. You can launch the app from the NOX player homepage or your Desktop.
Features of Airports for PC
1. VOLMET station list
3. SNOWTAM de
4. World wide airport directory
5. Flight bag
Airports App Overview and Details
The airport directory for your flight bag, with a world wide VOLMET station list, NOTAMs, SNOWTAM decoder, METAR and TAF reports, Favorites, Tools, and the ability to save your own notes for those airports you visit frequently.
– Designed for both tablet and phone. Pay once and use on all your Android devices!
– Airport database containing over 10000 airports world wide.
– Quick search system lets you find airports by city, name, ICAO or IATA code.
– Add your own notes for those airports you visit frequently.
– Runway data (dimensions and surface type) for most major airports.
– Information about types of approaches available for most major airports.
– Favorites section where you can organize your favorite airports in groups.
– Airport data includes time zone, sunrise/sunset times and ATIS frequencies for most major airports.
– Directly call the ATIS telephone line for airports that provide this service.
– Link to online satellite maps for all airports (requires internet connection).
– METAR and TAF reports (requires internet connection). Downloaded weather is saved and kept for 48 hours for offline viewing.
– Runway state groups in METARs are automatically detected and gives you the option to decode them with one tap.
– View NOTAMs for most major airports (requires internet connection). Downloaded SNOWTAMs are detected and can be decoded with one tap.
– Email and print METAR, TAF and NOTAMs.
– List of over 180 VOLMET stations world wide, with frequencies and list of airports broadcasted by each station.
– Easily share your notes and favorites.
– Tools to calculate wind components, temperature correction, fuel uplift, approach check altitudes and great circle distances. There is also a SNOWTAM decoder and a decoder for runway state groups from METARs.
This application is NOT FOR OPERATIONAL USE. Information in the airport database may be outdated and inaccurate. Please report all database errors so they can be corrected as soon as possible.
Please note that weather and NOTAM data are provided by third party sources whose accuracy and availability cannot be guaranteed. Do not rely on this data for flight planning purposes. Always crosscheck with official sources.
Whats New In this Airports?
Overall, the Airports application is very helpful in terms of managing airport operations and providing information to passengers. It is a great tool for both airport staff and passengers alike.
Before we complete the guide, do you have more questions regarding the emulator above or the Airports of any kind? Don’t feel grounded, just let us know, and we’ll help you resolve it.
Recent Airports Reviews
Use it daily for work. Few annoyances: developers don’t respond or listen to feedback; bug when you reopen the app and “unknown airfield” error occurs; tabs in wrong order (most used at the left please! Should be General, Weather, Notam first. Documents and Notes at the far right. I’m always scrolling for tabs when I shouldn’t need to); requested a second even shorter Group Report where you see only Metars of group airports, all on the same page all together. Adding an Alternate broken
Have been using for years now, was always a great quick way to check WXR / Notams. However the notam function does not work anymore…
The app seems to be ditched. Nowadays most of the time ‘Airport(s) not recognized by server.’ Sad. It used to be good and reliable.
Weather updates are not working properly.
The app is brilliant, but it seems its being neglected by the developers. Basic bugs im encountering, you can’t scroll through notes without them being picked and switched, really frustrating. U go to one tab, for example the weather tab, switch to another app to check something, when u switch back, the tab you were on switches automatically to the main one. Basic UI tweeks that can really give this app the edge. Dropbox sync is awesome, but I’m worried to lose all my notes if it messes sync up
Missing airports. (MMSL) Wrote support to add them with no answer. Tnx
Good tool to have.
Crashes too much. Trying to scroll notes is impossible, it keeps switching them around.
Interface not optimized
Grr only 80% of the features available on my ipad. Use this app on my company ipad for 4 years … recived a massive document pack and its been very handy to use in conjunction with offical company documents. Due to new IT protocals cant have it on my ipad anymore so switched to android and happly paid again. Unfortunately I have to manually imput every note!!! Over 50 airports with at least 2000 words each MANUALLY TYPED IN!!! Its going to take me WEEKS ! Very disappointed.
We refer the ownership of This Airports to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Airports and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at Smart Travelers, we also don’t use our own server to download the Airports. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Airports.
If you have any query about the app or about Smart Travelers, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.